The World Organization of Natural Medicine is an international politically and religiously neutral humanitarian non- governmental Organization (NGO).It adopts the WHO Alma Ata declaration_ and is a member of UN Global compact mandate.
To provide humanitarian medical healthcare to under served people and to promote humanitarian values through education.
- We are called to serve the neediest of the most disadvantaged people of the earth and seek to relieve their suffering and to assist in making sustainable improvements in their lives.
- We seek to engage them, to promote their voice and to offer our hands and feet in service.
- We respect those in need as active participants, not passive recipients, in this relationship.
- We regard all individuals as created and loved by God.
- We believe that healthcare should not focus on for profit care but geared towards self-care, prevention of disease and sustainable development of rural communities.
WONM seeks cooperation and partnerships with other organizations and groups that share our vision.
- We are not owners of the resources made available to us on behalf of the forgotten of this world.
- We are partners with those we serve as well as with those who invest into our shared mission.
- Our relationships are purposeful, diverse, and encourage mutual participation in achieving WONM’s mission.
Doctors of Humanitarian Services and Practitioners of Humanitarian Services- beyond borders
Member of UN Global Compact
WONM is committed to:
- Supporting the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact with respect to human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption;
- Advancing these principles within your sphere of influence, and make a clear statement of this commitment to your stakeholders and the general public;
- Taking part in the activities of the UN Global Compact, for example: participate in Local Networks; join specialized initiatives and workstreams; engage in partnership projects; and review Communications on Progress posted by participating organizations.
WONM-Humanitarian Medicine by Dr. Sheila McKenzie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.wonm.org.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.wonm.org.